Sunday, October 14, 2007

It must be Sunday!

The Church of Bush is now in session!

If you aren't listening, why not???

Hey Kurt, at this point you have to ask which player is Sam Bowie, the obvious is Oden, but now that Roy is having the continuing problem with his foot...

But I don't live in Portland anymore so I am giving up on skepticism and having faith in my team :-) We rocked the first pre-season game and I feel like there were positives in the second (from what I read, I didn't listen to the second).

Oh, this is an exciting development, apparently the NBA is going to allow me (and you too if you wanna) to listen to every single game this season for free! Now that is exciting news for me. The NBA is FANtastic...

My new toy is the iPod Touch. I like it, much! Now that I am using it as my DJ sidekick I am noticing a few things I do not like so much though. I do not believe there is a "on the go" playlist feature. that came in very handy when I did not make up a show playlist before coming to the station and I could just put one together on the fly. also, old school ipods automatically default back to showing the currently playing track (along with time remaining in song) after a few seconds of being on any other screen, not the case for the Touch. which just adds extra steps to my morning, not good at all! web browsing on the thing is almost perfection. websites rock, it's fast and smooth and all that. very intuitive to use.

No new drama with the neighbour, well, not that we have had to deal with directly. The landlords are apparently still hearing from her regularly though. They are tired of it. I am hopeful that she will realise the place just does not suit her needs and will find another. Hopefully we can find someone we know to take the place over, or maybe someone who is deaf and loves dogs. Hmmmm...

We do love our place though. It feels so cozy and comfortable (is that redundant?). Our pup likes it a lot too. He has now taken to exploring the hills behind the place. This means that if we let him into the backyard unattended we have no idea where he might end up. This is a bit unnerving and creates a bit more anxiety. We thought the hill was too steep (see: Cliff) for him to get up, but he is a persistent explorer and has found his way around.

We took him to the beach yesterday to let him explore a new place. He loves new environs to check out. He ran around for an hour or so then we drove around a bit, got the parents some ice cream and headed back home. It was a beautiful Saturday in Wellington.

Work continues to be crazy busy. Still doing a lot of enrolment visits to high schools along with many visits and tours of campus and the ever present email correspondence. Supposed to be interviewing for the vacant office next to mine this coming week hopefully someone great will be hired. I will be on the interview panel so I better choose well...

Okay, I will concentrate on being a dj for a bit, perhaps I will write more before the morning is over (perhaps not).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is embarassing, you know more about the Blazers than I do! I hadn't heard about Roy's foot. Still excited for this season, but in truth (and to many people's regret) I've drifted away from B-Ball a bit and actually started following the Seahawks playing that good old American football ... What's happening to meeeee!