Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Updating...I have been looking for jobs to apply for. Actually applied for two over the weekend and am in contact with someone at University of Auckland who has been very nice and might be helpful in getting me there (NZ) sooner than I might otherwise.

Other than that, trying to figure out a way to get to Manila cheaply before mid-January. Was hoping to go for New Years, but the cost is too much and the income is too little to make it that soon. Sad.

Still fostering the little dog. She had to have surgery to remove a bunch of mammary tumors. Now she is a few nipples lighter and is stuck wearing a lampshade for 10 days so she isn't able to tear out the stables holding her belly together. I am amazed at how well she is handling it all. This is one sweet little dog.

Thanksgiving was uneventful but nice. My niece was here for the weekend and so we went to the Met and also saw the new Harry Potter. Spent a lot of time just chilling at home too. Had not spent time with her in quite awhile so that was nice.

My newest joy is playing online Scrabble. I'm not great but I find myself winning more than losing, and even when I am losing I really enjoy it. Yes, I just let people know how much of a nerd I am a little bit at a time.

Enough...

No comments: