Sunday, January 06, 2008

Hi All,

Well, the Blazers finally lost a game, was bound to happen sometime, no? But they've gone on to win two since then and have their chance for revenge today against the Utah Jazz (streakbusters). Let's see if we can get our current streak up to 3 in a row :-)

Things are good. Had one scare in the past week. Samson managed to get his paws on a tray of X-mas chocolates while we were out of the house and ate about 200 grams of milk chocolate treats. Luckily we was still very much alive when we returned. He did end up quite ill however. Diarrhea and Vomiting were the order of the next 24 hours. Silly boy doesn't learn his lesson though, he still very much wants chocolate. Sigh, he takes after his dad for sure.

Speaking of being dad...before sleeping last night I really started to think about this new commitment that is about to be born. It is very intense to think about. This little human will be 100% dependent on Celeste and me for quite a long time. Especially the first few years there is a lot of time and energy that needs to be focused on the little beastie. Really cool and scary.

Also starting to realise he could be born at any minute now. We have got to get everything ready to go! He's very active (causing his mom all sorts of misery already, once again, definitely takes after his dad). We need to organise his clothes and a bag of stuff to take to the hospital with us and get his cot ready to be slept in (though I still believe he will be sleeping in our bed). Celeste finished painting his dresser yesterday, bright red! Isn't that just asking for ADHD???

Haven't even thought about how to deal with other logistical issues, haven't let my Health Insurance company know about the impending addition to the fam. Haven't dealt with citizenship issues...hopefully that's not so urgent to deal with.

I have been pretty good at taking over many of the household chores but am still very much reliant on Let for meals. I know that's not good of me, but I enjoy her cooking so much! I did make fresh salsa and guacamole the other day. Man, it's so good. I had to make salsa just cuz the salsa here is not very good at all! As it was the first time I have made salsa in years it wasn't brilliant, but I plan on making this a regular thing, I will get better.

Tomorrow it is back to work after 2 weeks off. It's been a good break, had some productive days and lots of lazy days. Pretty good combo. Samson spent many hours playing with other dogs at the beach which makes him a very happy pup.

Oh, Jaws was on TV last night and so I watched it for the very first time...not sure I should admit this, but I thought it was a very well done movie. The dialog was generally quite good and the story was well done. Looked quite good too, especially considering that it is 32 years old. So, yes, I enjoyed the movie my mom would not let me see when I was 8 years old :-P

Went to the cinema to see Kite Runner the other day. It was a fine movie but much was lost emotionally compared to the book. So much of the story is internal angst and the movie was not effective at bringing all of that feeling across in my opinion. Still, well shot, beautiful and mostly quite faithful to the book.

Saw Deja Vu (with Denzel) on DVD Friday night. I actually liked it quite a bit. I still have some questions about the timeline aspects of it (I suppose everyone does after these types of movies), but liked the twists and ideas in it.

OK, back to the radio thing...

1 comment:

penguindevil said...

Yes, babies are a big commitment. Though I knew, I didn't really know. If you know what I mean. But it's great! We're now wondering about how one makes the step of deciding to have another... Somehow it seems unfair.

Speaking of unfair, when poor little Lottie stole a whole box of brownie mix off the counter, we had to take her to DoveLewis and she had some of those same problems afterwards. Silly things, I guess that chocolate is just too good to resist!

It really is all about Jaws these days...