Sunday, July 24, 2005

The Rest of My Life

Nothing new other than thoughts to share really. Had I mentioned that at the NAFSA conference I had spoken to a few people from New Zealand universities? When I got back in the office I wrote them all to thank them for speaking with me (that's called networking). It did not look particularly successful. One person wrote back a short little, yeah you too sort of response. That was about it.

Then, this week I received a very pleasant email from one of the women I had spent quite a bit of time speaking with. She apologized for taking so long to respond. She also said that she would be more than happy to help me if she could (or something like that). Well, being desperate as I am, I will probably try to take advantage of the offer.

Mostly I am hoping that she might take a look at my resumé and give me advice. Let me know if it is appropriate for New Zealand and if she has any advice on how to make myself more attractive for universities in NZ.

Let and I have been talking quite a bit about when and how we will get there. Who will be first. What will the other do...those sorts of things. We are both pretty willing to settle wherever jobs are to be had. We also both are resigned to job searching wherever the first person gets a job.

It is exciting and scary and i'm so impatient to get there. Yet, I still have so many things to take care of here.

I think that is it for now.

No comments: